These no bake chocolate peanut butter oatmeal bars are quick and easy to make with simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry! Made with oats, peanut butter, and some protein powder. They’re packed with 9g protein and 3g fiber per serving, they make the perfect snack or healthy dessert.
Reasons You’ll love these bars
- Quick and easy. No fancy equipment needed for this recipe. They can be made with just a bowl.
- Simple ingredients. Most likely you’ll have all the ingredients already in your pantry.
- They taste like dessert. The combination of chocolate, peanut butter and sea salt is enough to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Oats. Make sure to use old fashioned oats. They give the bar a better texture.
- Hemp Hearts, Flaxseed Meal, and Chia Seeds. Add fiber, protein and healthy fats.
- Protein Powder. There are all different flavors and brands to choose from. Whey, plant based, unflavored, vanilla, chocolate etc. Whey, vanilla flavored protein powder was what I used.
- Peanut Butter. Any nut butter works great in this recipe – almond butter, cashew butter, sunflower seed butter, etc.
- Honey. Adds some sweetness. Substitute with maple syrup if desired.
- Coconut Oil. Just a little bit helps set the bars.
- Chocolate. I used Hershey’s special dark chocolate bar. You’re welcome to use any chocolate you like.
- Salt. Course sea salt works the best. Make sure to add the salt to the chocolate right after you pour it over the bars.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
Peanut butter oatmeal center
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp. hemp Hearts
- 2 tbsp. flaxseed meal
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- ½ cup protein powder unflavored or vanilla
- ¾ cup natural peanut butter
- 1.5 tbsp. coconut oil
- ⅓ cup honey or maple syrup
- 4.25 oz melting chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- course sea salt
Peanut butter oatmeal layer:
- Line 8×8 pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In large bowl, stir together oats, hemp hearts, flaxseed meal, chia seeds, and protein powder; set aside.
- In medium bowl (microwave safe), add peanut butter, coconut oil, and honey. Microwave for 10-15 seconds and stir until evenly combined. Add to dry ingredients, mix with spoon. Use hands if needed. Mixture will be thick.
- Press mixture into prepared pan with fingers or greased spatula, press evenly into corners. Place pan in refrigerator for 20 minutes to set.
- Once bars have set, remove from refrigerator. Melt chocolate and coconut oil together. Spread mixture evenly on top of bars and sprinkle with course sea salt immediately. Place back in refrigerator for another 10 minutes or until the chocolate hardens.
- Lift parchment paper from pan and place on cutting board. Cut into 16 equal size squares.