Let’s face it, mornings are busy! It can be tricky to balance eating healthy with convenience. These overnight oats are packed with 18 grams of protein and more than 10 grams of fiber to keep you satisfied for hours. Plus, they’re delicious and can be made in less than 5 minutes. There should be no more excuses for not having time to eat breakfast, just grab and go in the morning!
What are overnight oats?
Overnight oats are made by using a combination of rolled oats, milk and yogurt. Then letting them sit in the refrigerator overnight to allow the oats to absorb the liquid. This creates a soft, chewy, and creamy texture that’s very filling and eaten cold (or warm) with a spoon.
What type of oats to use?
I prefer to use quick oats for my overnight oats. Quick oats absorb the liquid a little better compared to old fashioned oats. Old fashioned oats will give you a slightly chewier texture. Nutrition wise, quick oats compared to old fashioned oats are very similar. Use which ever you prefer!
Mix things up!
These ingredients are not set in stone, mix things up. The base of the overnight oats are; oats, yogurt, milk and chia seeds.
Feel free to use different:
Fruit (bananas, peaches, apples)
Nut butter (almond butter, cashew butter)
Crushed nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans)
Peanut Butter & Berry Overnight Oats
- 1 cup quick oats or old fashioned oats
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup milk or milk alternative
- 1.5 cup berries blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, or raspberries
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. natural peanut butter
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, yogurt, milk, chia seeds, and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Evenly divide half of the oatmeal mixture into two mason jars or storage containers with lids.
- Mash up 3/4 cup of the berries with a potato masher (leave the other 3/4 cup berries whole for the top). Evenly divide half of the berry mixture between the two mason jars onto of the oatmeal mixture.
- Pour the remainder of oatmeal mixture on the berry mixture.
- Place the top on the mason jar and refrigerate overnight (6-8 hours).
- In the morning, remove the overnight oats from the refrigerator, add the remainder of the whole berries and peanut butter between the two mason jars. Enjoy!