Its officially pumpkin season! What’s a better way to start a fall morning than with these Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes. They are packed with flavors of pumpkin and spice, all perfect for fall! Fast and so easy to make with simple ingredients, that your family will surely love.
- 1 ¼ cup flour oat flour
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp. butter coconut oil or olive oil, melted
- ½ cup milk or milk alternative
- 2 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. pumpkin spice
- dash of cinnamon
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the pumpkin puree, eggs, milk, melted butter, honey and vanilla extract.
- In a seperate medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gentle sit until well combined. Don't over mxi the batter. Let the batter sit.
- Heat a pan with cooking spray. Use a ¼-⅓ measuring cup to scoop up the batter and pour onto the hot pan.
- Let the batter cook on the pan until you start to see little bubbles forming on the side and top and then flip the pancakes. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Top the pancakes with your favorite pancake toppings, berries, banana slices, pecans and or melted butter, nut butter or a touch of maple syrup.
- Switch things up a little and make waffles instead of pancakes using the same batter!
- Feel free to use all-purpose flour, wheat flour or oat flour. To make my oat flour I take quick oats place them in a NutriBullet or food processor and pulse until it becomes flour consistency. Then measure the flour out. Bam! Oat flour.
- Do not hesitate to toss tasty add-ins into this pancake mixture like chocolate chips, cacao nibs, sprinkles, nuts or whatever may suit your taste (or mood).