These English Muffin Pizzas are a fast and simple recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to make. Everyone, especially the kids, will have fun making and eating them. Plus, the toppings are basically endless when it comes to this recipe!
One of my favorite things about this English Muffin Pizza recipe is how versatile it is. Each member of your family can customize to his or her taste. Because the recipe is easy, it’s a fun way to involve your kids in the kitchen especially helpful if you are making English Muffin Pizza for toddlers and hoping they’ll take a bite. My son who is almost two years old loves to pull his step stool up to the counter and help add the ingredients to the pizzas every time we make them.
English Muffin Pizza Trick
The key to making English Muffin Pizza not soggy is toasting the English muffins before you add the sauce and toppings. You don’t need to toast the English muffins fully. A few minutes in the oven will create a lightly toasty surface barrier that allows some, but not all of the sauce to absorb. This is the trick to ensuring your final English Muffin Pizza is crisp without being dry. Trust me when I say, “you don’t want to skip this STEP!”.
The ingredients for this recipe mirror that of classic pizza. Take inspiration from your favorite pizzas, whether they be classic or crazy, and use this recipe as a starting point for any combination of sauce, cheese, and toppings you like.
English Muffins – The easiest pizza crust around. Simply remove the English muffins from the package, slice in half and you have pizza crust. No need to mess with mixing, yeast, rising, baking etc. You can use white or whole wheat English muffins to get a few more grams of fiber.
Pizza Sauce – Any kind of pizza sauce you like! Other sauce ideas; pesto, olive oil and garlic or alfredo.
Cheese – Everything tastes better with cheese, right? We use mozzarella but you don’t have to stop there. Feta, goat, provolone, ricotta, or parmesan also work well.
Toppings – The toppings are ENDLESS! We like to use spinach, mushrooms and pepperoni. Other ideas (not limited to):
- Meats – Cooked sausage (pork or chicken), ham, shredded chicken.
- Veggies – Bell peppers, chopped onions, broccoli, olives, sundried tomatoes, asparagus, arugula, or zucchini.
- Fruit – Pineapple or figs.
- Herbs & Spices – Basil, garlic, or cilantro.
How to Make English Muffin Pizzas
These are so quick and easy, you’ll wonder why you haven’t made them sooner. An easy way to satisfy everyone’s pizza cravings, you’ll be the hero of the day!
- Slice: – Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Cut the English muffins in half and arrange the English muffin halves cut side up onto a baking sheet. Place in the oven and toast until barely golden, about 4 minutes.
- Top: Spread about 2 Tablespoons of pizza sauce on top of each muffin. Top with equal amount of cheese and toppings of your choice.
- Bake: Place in a 400 degree oven and bake for 10-12 minutes till cheese is melted and golden.
Make Ahead and Reheating Directions
While these easy English Muffin Pizzas are great for fast dinners, you can also make them in advance and speed up dinner even more! Freezing them will yield the best results.
To Freeze: This is the best method for making your English Muffin Pizza ahead. Toast your English muffin halves as directed and top as desired. Lay the English Muffin Pizzas topping side up on a parchment lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours. Once completely frozen, place the pizzas in a freezer safe container, separating layers of English Muffin Pizzas with parchment paper.
Reheat from Frozen: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Lay your frozen English Muffin Pizza on a baking sheet topping side up and place in the oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until heated through.
To Refrigerate: In a single layer, place your English Muffin Pizzas in the refrigerator in an airtight container topping side up for up to 5 days. When you’re ready to eat them, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Lay your English Muffin Pizza on a baking sheet topping side up and place in the oven. Bake for 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- 6 English muffins
- 1 ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- mushrooms sliced
- spinach chopped
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Arrange the English muffin halves cut side up onto a baking sheet. Place in the oven and toast until barely golden, about 4 minutes.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons pizza sauce over each one, using the back of a spoon to spread it evenly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with mozzarella cheese and any desired toppings.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the muffins are browned on the edges. Enjoy hot.