This Easy Turkey Meatballs are so simple to make its not even funny. They come out juicy and flavorful every time. They’re perfect for appetizers, meal prep or on top of spaghetti. They take less than 30 minutes to make and have become a stable in our house. Freeze the leftovers to enjoy these easy turkey meatballs throughout the month.
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- ½ cup breadcrumbs seasoned
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 egg
- ½ onion small, finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped, or dried
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F, and line a baking sheet with a silcone mat or with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and stir together.
- Beat the egg and stir into the bowl with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Stir in the parsley, onion and garlic.
- Add the ground turkey and mix together just enough to get everything evenely distributed.
- Roll the meatballs into 15 equal size balls. Place them evenly spaced on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 18-20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- Change the Size
- If you plan to use them as an appetizer you can form them into smaller meatballs, like 20-25 and then serve with a dipping sauce and toothpick.
- Meat Swap
- Feel free to swap out the ground turkey for ground beef. I would not swap for a lower fat ground turkey than 93% (or ground chicken) as they may turn out too dry. The fat in the meat keeps them moist and juicy.
- To Freeze the Meatballs
- Allow the meatballs to cool completely. Then freeze in one large freezer bag or divide into portions into smaller freezer bags. Freeze up to 3 months. Thaw frozen meatballs overnight in the refrigerator and then reheat on the stove top over medium heat until warm. I prefer to heat reheat my meatballs in the marinara sauce.
- Ways to Serve Meatballs
- Marinara sauce
- Meal prep with Sweet & Sour Sauce or Teriyaki sauce serve over rice with veggies
- Meatball sub
- BBQ meatballs