Fall is approaching fast, which means it’s time to dust off your slow cooker for the next few months. This creamy crockpot pesto chicken is so easy and flavorful, you wouldn’t believe it only has a few ingredients! The perfect easy dinner recipe for busy weeknights.
This meal comes together in no time with just a handful of ingredients that we usually have on hand, which makes it a win in my books. The creamy pesto flavor is always a hit in our family, and we love to put it over a plate of farfalle pasta and steamed broccoli. But feel free to make it a stand alone meal with a side salad if that’s your thing.
Ingredients you need for this creamy pesto crockpot chicken
You don’t need much to make this delicious dinner! Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- Quartered Artichoke Hearts
- Lite Cream Cheese
Tips for making this creamy pesto crockpot chicken recipe:
- I made this recipe in a 6 quart slow cooker, I had enough room to double the recipe if needed. This recipe would also work in a 3-4 quart slow cooker.
- I really, really, REALLY recommend using slower cooker liners. I will gladly pay the 50 cents or whatever they cost to not have to wash that beast!
- Be sure to check the temperature of your chicken with a meat thermometer before serving, just to be safe. All slow cookers cook differently.
- Slow Cooker
- 1.5 lb. chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1 cup artichoke hearts quartered, 20 oz. jar
- 1 jar Pesto 8 oz. Jar
- 8 oz. low fat cream cheese
- Place chicken in bottom of crockpot.
- Drain artichokes and place them onto of chicken.
- Spoon pesto out of jar onto the chicken and artichokes.
- Cut cream cheese into cubes and place onto the chicken, artichokes and pesto.
- Give it a stir and turn the slow cooker on high.
- Cook for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with a side salad!
- Cook farfalle pasta according to directions, drain and set aside.
- Steam broccoli, drain and set aside.
- Spoon pasta and broccoli into a bowl and top with the creamy pesto chicken.