These healthy breakfast burritos make for a delicious meal that can be fully prepped ahead of time and stored in the freezer for the easiest grab and go breakfast ever! Make up a batch to save time on those crazy busy mornings.
Reasons to love these breakfast burritos
- Easy to prepare: This recipe only requires a few short steps and can be made in one pan!
- Perfect for meal prepping: Make them up in advance and you’ll have breakfast for days!
- Freezer-friendly: Make up a batch and store them in the freezer until ready to eat.
- A balanced breakfast: These burritos are loaded with protein and also contain fiber from the spinach and whole grain wrap.
- Filling and satisfying: Due to their fiber and protein content, these burritos are incredibly filling and will leave you feeling satisfied for hours.
- Delicious and flavorful: Despite the simple ingredients list, these burritos have lots of flavor in every bite!
Healthy Breakfast Burrito variations, Substitutions, and Add-ins
- Protein: Sub in regular or turkey breakfast sausage for the chicken sausage; add cooked black beans.
- Veggies: Add or sub in cooked diced mushrooms, bell peppers, or diced tomatoes.
- Flavor add-ins: Add jalapenos or some hot sauce or spices to the egg mixture.
- To make gluten-free: Use gluten-free wraps instead of whole-grain
- To make dairy-free: Use dairy-free cheese instead of regular cheese or leave out the cheese out altogether
- To make vegetarian: Leave out the chicken sausage or sub in black beans
- 10 whole grain tortilla shells 10 inch
- 6 eggs
- 4 chicken sausage links cut into small pieces
- 6 oz. feta cheese or goat cheese
- 10 oz. frozen spinach thawed and water squeezed out
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup white onion chopped
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and chicken sausage.
- Sautee onions and chicken sausage for about 5-8 minutes. Or until sausage is cooked through.
- While the onions and sausage are cooking, in a small bowl scramble the eggs with the salt and pepper.
- Add the eggs to the onions and sausage. Stirring occasionally. Once the eggs are just about fully cooked. Add in the spinach and cheese. Stir until well combined.
- Remove pan from stove. Allow the egg mixture to cool to room temperature before placing in wraps.
- Once cooled, evenly distribute the egg mixture among the ten tortillas, leaving about an inch around the edge to fold in the ends.
- Roll up the burritos tightly, tucking in the ends.